The highly awaited WNBA All-Star game is just around the corner, and it’s got WNBA fans all over the world off their seats. The build-up to the game has caused some heated discussions and arguments over whether or not the right players have been picked to rightfully represent the league’s top talents from the Eastern and Western conferences. One name that has often been bought up during discussions is that of Chicago Sky’s Kahleah Copper. Fans and pundits were left in shock when she wasn’t named as a starter for the game.
This year’s All-Star game is set for the 15th of July in Las Vegas at the Michelob Ultra Arena, home of the defending WNBA champions Las Vegas Aces. In addition to the game, as part of the pre-All-Star activities, the WNBA is hosting a fan festival on the 14th of July, which is open to the public and allows fans to indulge in WNBA culture.
Who is Kahleah Copper?
Copper plays as a guard for the WNBA side Chicago Sky. The 6’1″ star previously played for the Washington Mystics before moving to her current franchise in 2017. Over the years, she has developed into a key player who is often seen at the center of her side’s success stories.
Kahleah’s consistency, efficiency, and work ethic have pushed her to reach the peak of her career right now. She is averaging 16.6 points per game while also converting 40.4% of her shots from behind the three-point line.
Is she playing this year’s All-Star game?
It would be easy for someone racking up numbers like these to find a place in the All-Star game, but unfortunately for Copper, this isn’t the case. Despite playing a crucial role in Chicago Sky’s success this season, Kahleah has not been picked as a starter for the game. When asked how she felt about the same, Copper expressed herself in a humble manner by stating that she has no hard feelings for those who have been picked and that she feels they all deserve it.
Also read: How Much Does The WNBA Make A Year?
Where to watch the All-Star game
The game will be played on July 15th and will be broadcasted exclusively on ABC at 5:30 p.m. PT/ 8:30 p.m. ET. The WNBA 3-point challenge and the Kia WNBA skills challenge will take place on the 14th of July and will air on ESPN at 1 p.m. PT/ 4 p.m. ET.
When to watch the All-Star game
- USA: 15 July 2023 at 20:30 EST
- United Kingdom: 16 July 2023 at 00:30 GMT
- Canada: 15 July 2023 at 20:30 EST
- India: 16 July 2023 at 06:00 IST
- Qatar: 16 July 2023 at 03:30 AST
- Morocco: 16 July 2023 at 01:30 MA
- Brazil: 15 July 2023 at 22:30 BRT
- New Zealand: 16 July 2023 at 12:30 NZDT
- Australia: 16 July 2023 at 11:00 AEDT
- Mexico: 15 July 2023 at 19:30 CST
- France: 16 July 2023 at 02:30 CEST
- Germany: 16 July 2023 at 02:30 CEST
- Spain: 16 July 2023 at 02:30 CEST
- Ireland: 16 July 2023 at 00:30 GMT
- Netherlands: 16 July 2023 at 03:30 CEST
- Russia: 16 July 2023 at 02:30 MSK
- China: 16 July 2023 at 08:30 CST
- Japan: 16 July 2023 at 09:30 JST
- UAE: 16 July 2023 at 04:30 GST
Also Read: Top 10 Highest-Paid WNBA Players