With the last round of the champions league set to start, the Champions League will see the clash of the titans: Manchester City vs. Real Madrid. After a close match against Athletico, Pep’s Manchester City is in the semis. While on the other hand, Ancelloti’s Real Madrid had a nail-bitter finish against Chelsea. The first leg of the semi-final is on the 27th of April, while the second leg is on the 4th of May. This post will contain Manchester City vs Real Madrid UEFA Champions League Semi-Final Predictions, Team News, and probable XI.
The Los Blancos will like to forget the errors that they had committed at the Etihad in the 2019/20 season. Similarly, The Citizens will have to leave their defeat against Chelsea in the finals of the 2020/2021 season behind. Manchester City vs Real Madrid will also be a battle between adaptability and free-flowing football. Both these clubs are meeting for the third time in the semi-finals in recent years. Both Manchester City and Real Madrid are sitting comfortably at the top of their respective league tables. However, while the Los Blancos have won the silverware 13 times, the Citizens have yet to put one in the kitty.
Date, Time, and Where to watch Manchester City vs Real Madrid?
Manchester City vs Real Madrid at the Etihad is scheduled for 27th April 2022, 12:30 AM (IST). To watch the match live, Indian fans can tune into Sony tv networks, while for online streaming, the best platform will be either Sony Liv or Jio TV.
Whereas for the British fans, the scheduled kick-off time is at 8 pm GMT on Wednesday, 27th April 2022. It will be televised live on BT Sport networks.
- Joao Cancelo is set to miss the semi-final clash after picking up 3 yellow cards. In the absence of Joao Cancelo, Oleksandr Zinchenko will be the first choice LB.
- Kevin de Bruyne had a knock while Kyle Walker twisted his ankle in the second half of the quarter-finals. However, as of now, there has been no update on their injury.
- The clash against the Liverpool in the FA Cup is an important fixture that will decide whether there are any further changes to the team line-up or not.
- Raheem Sterling also can get a go-ahead over Bernardo Silva if the city decides for a fast-paced attack.
Probable playing XI: Bernardo Silva/Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden, Riyad Mahrez, Ilkay Gundogan, Rodri, Kevin De Bruyne, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Kyle Walker, Emerson.
- The Los Blancos will be fretting over the fitness of their talismanic striker Karim Benzema after he sustained a minor niggle. However, they are yet to release an official statement regarding the same.
- However, Real is more concerned about the players for the LB position. With both Ferland Mendy & Marcelo Viera having sustained minor injuries, Ancelloti might give a chance to Miguel Gutierrez. The Los Blancos, however, have not said anything specific regarding the same.
- Questions are also there on the form of Nacho Fernandez. With the attacking power that City possesses, Ancelloti might be tempted to pair up David Alaba with Eder Militao.
- Real has a rock-solid midfield in the form of Kroos, Casemiro, and Modric, while at the back, they have their ever-reliant goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
- Real Madrid is having a very crucial game on the 18th of April, which might add a few changes to their lineup against City.
Probable XI: Valverde, Benzema, Vinicius Junior, Luka Modric, Casemiro, Toni Kroos, Dani Carvajal, Nacho/Eder Militao, David Alaba, Ferland Mendy/ Marcelo/ Miguel Guiterrez, Thibaut Coutois.
Players to watch out for:
As of now, both the teams will be coming in this match at the back of a tough-fought battle in the champions league. However, both the teams will be having a full team when they take on the field on the 27th.
Manchester City: The Citizens will be having their striking duo of Raheem Sterling and Riyad Mahrez. In the midfield, City will have the trio of Gundogan, KDB & Rodri. At the back city will be having the duo of Aymeric Laporta and John stones.
Real Madrid: The Los Blancos will be having their talismanic striker Karim Benzema. Their midfield also looks rock-solid with the likes of Kroos, Casemiro, and Modric. With the inclusion of David Alaba in the team, Real has also managed to have a rock-solid defense.
Manchester City vs Real Madrid Score Line Prediction
Both the teams are going through a purple patch, and hence it will be an even competition. Pep Guardiola is known for experimentations and adaptations when it comes to playing XI, while Carlos Ancelloti is known for fielding a side that believes in a long ball and total football. It will not be a surprise if the match ends in a 0-0 draw and goes to the penalties. However, one thing can be ascertained, Manchester City vs Real Madrid promises to be a battle of strategy. Now, time will only tell who can outwit whom.
Also Read: Top 15 Sprinters Of All Time